Sunday, September 2, 2012

September Selected Scrapper and Sketch 174

Hey Sweet Peeps!  Its hard to believe September is upon us and summer will be completely gone in the blink of an eye!!  No worries though - we're still bringing the sunshine in around here and know your day will be brightened when you meet our Selected Scrapper for the month, Ashli Oliver aka soapHousemama:



My projects are usually not called complete unless I have some sort of ink, paint or mist under my fingernails at the end. Hi, I am Ashli Oliver, a recovering graphic designer, a homeschooling mother, wife, daughter, coffee addict, knitter and gardener with an extreme passion for mixed media paper crafting and memory keeping. I find great joy in both the creative process and the final piece. Most of my craft time is in the wee hours of the evening when all of the kiddos are in dream land. Although, I am certainly known to grab every snippet available during the day to shuffle some paper around or glue a bit here and there.

I have been an artist my entire life. I followed my dreams and attended art school here in my home state of Georgia. While I mostly wanted to play with paint and glue, I chose a more sensible major of Digital Multi-Media and Photography. After working in that industry on and off, I put my computer and brushes aside to start my family. Never in a million years did I think that scrapbooking and the paper craft industry would re-awaken the artist in me that I had put away so many years ago. Thanks to a good friend who showed me the ropes just one short year ago, I have jumped into a pile of pretty paper and I am never looking back.

I am not afraid to play, experiment, and make mistakes. Today's mistake might just be tomorrow's masterpiece. Armed with my beloved pens, mists and patterned paper, I anxiously await my next crafty adventure!

To check out more of Ashli's work visit her blog: The Purple Mailbox, we're thrilled to have her!  

Now on to this week's sketch created by the lovely Nabon:

Sketch #174

Check out our marvelous Selected Scrapper's take:
Ashli - A decision to Homeschool

I have had this page topic in my head for a while, I just wasn't completely sure how to execute it. When I saw this sketch, I knew it was perfect! I was inspired to use an envelope (the perfect place for all of my journaling) in place of the circle element. And, some alphabet confetti seemed just the thing in place of the butterflies! What a fabulous way to get this scrapped!

Linda - Followed the sketch!

 Nabon - I was really inspired by the butterflies, and the frame around the photo. Followed the sketch, just adde some more of everything! :-P

Carrin - Followed the sketch and got inspired by the circles.

Machiko - I followed the sketch.

Scarlett - This week I was inspired by the circle element from the sketch and the strips for the title.

Pictures of the RAKs are coming soon ;)

Hope you have as much fun playing with this sketch as we did!!  You can link up your pages below - have good weeks!!

This month's prize from Ashli:



This week's RAK:

(12) 6x6 Prima DoodleDeux papers, (1) My Mind's Eye stamp set, (6) chipboard banners, (5) gem beads, (3) stick pins, (5) buttons, (1) roll October Afternoon washi tape



13 comments:

Michelle Hernandez said...

I LOVE Ashli's work! So exciting to see her here! I will certainly try to join in this month- it's never a lack of inspiration- I love the challenges and the design team- it's always a lack of time with me- my loss! GREAT sketch!

Scarlett said...

Welcome Ashli!!! So happy to have you here this month! Spectacular work with the sketch everyone!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much everyone! So happy to be here!

Maura said...

Ashli, you just keep showing up!,, Congratulations!

Murphy's Law said...

Congrats Ashli!! You are so gonna rock this!

Norma G. said...

I'm a huge fan of Ashli's work too. I love her fun artist style. I can totally see why you chose her to be a guest designer this month.

Heidi said...

Ashli beautiful page as always. I love the pop of green.

Nirupama said...

This is so cool! I love the boys layout a lot :)

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Det er kjempelengesiden jeg har hatt mulighet til å leke med dere, men jeg har fulgt med fra sidelinjen - men nå fikk jeg det til :-)

Takk for atter en flott skisse, som inspirerer til å kreere!

Linda Eggleton said...

Thanks for the awesome sketch & such great inspiration from the DT :)

scrapmanufaktur said...

I love the sketch, I was so inspired by the circles and splashes. And I'm stunning about the work of the DT and Ashlis layout! It's gorgous ladies!

sofiutane said...

Tänkte just lämna in mitt bidrag men det står "collection closed" även om det borde vara 12 h kvar innan det ska stänga. Får kolla in senare och se om det går då, men annars kommer här länken till mitt bidrag:

http://sofiutaneskapar.blogspot.se/2012/09/lilla-my.html

Ella Swan said...

What a great sketch & love all the inspiration here!